Academy Report: 29-30 June

First off this week, congratulations to both our WU17 and MU17 sides who qualified for the Elite Phase of their respective leagues where they will pit their wits against the 7 other best U17 sides in the country. The WU17s rounded off Phase 1 of their league campaign with 3 victories in 8 days while the MU17s recorded back to back 3-0 wins to secure qualification. They join the MU15s who had already qualified for the Elite Phase of their league.

All six of our Treaty United Carelon academy teams were in action this weekend. Three sides, our MU20s, WU17s and MU17s were finishing off the first phase of their league campaigns, our MU14s and WU19s continued their respective cup campaigns while the MU15s kicked off the Elite Phase of their league. We had 3 wins, 1 draw and 2 defeats across the weekend.

We had three teams in action on Saturday.


First into action were our WU17s who travelled to Galway to take on Galway United. This was the second away trip of the week for the girls as they were in Sligo on Tuesday evening where they emerged 2-1 winners over Sligo Rovers with goals from Ciara Breslin and Chloe Wallace.

Our lineup for the game against Galway was as follows:

Starting 11:

Niamh Kinahan, Annabelle Mulcare Quille, Chloe Wallace, Kristina Bokmane (C), Saoirse Kent, Madison McGuane, Kate Lee, Grace Ehinger, Ava Neary, Ciara Breslin, Summer Behan,


Aine Bonfil, Kate Jones, Emma Meaney, Ewelina Stankevituite


Galway United 1 Treaty United 3

Our WU17s continued their impressive form and run of victories away to Galway on Saturday in a game they dominated from start to finish. It was another excellent example of passing & build up play with some outstanding goals to add along with a solid defensive display. Early pressure led to a number of corners which finally paid off when an excellent Madison McGuane delivery was met with a super left foot volley by Summer Behan to give Treaty a well deserved early lead on 15 mins. Try as they did, the girls couldn’t add to this and went in at the break with this slender 1 goal lead.

The 2nd half followed a similar pattern with Treaty’s passing game opening up a number of chances but the superb Galway goalkeeper, R. Murphy, kept her team in the game. Eventually & inevitably the pressure told and an excellent break out of defence by Kate Lee saw her play a great through ball to Ewelina whose low cross was met perfectly by Madison to put the Treaty side 2 up on 52 mins. Credit to Galway who kept their heads up and kept pushing for a goal and on the 61st minute they got reward for those efforts when K. Glynn scored a screamer of a free kick from 20 yards which keeper Niamh Kinehan was unlucky not to keep out. Game on was the scream from the Galway coach and Galway were now on the front foot with Treaty knowing they needed something special to kill off the game. That something special came on 70 minutes when Madison McGuane took aim with a rocket of a free kick from 25 yards out which flew into the top corner to re-establish the 2 goal lead. Treaty held on comfortably after this and were unlucky not to add more goals with some excellent forward play from Ewelina and the tiger-ish Ciara Breslin up front.

The final whistle signalled another great win for Treaty and 2nd place in the 1st phase of the U17 League which secures their place in the elite phase of the League of Ireland. There were excellent performances all over the pitch with a special mention to Niamh Kinehan in goals, Ava Neary in centre half, Annabel Mulcaire Quille at left back, Summer Behan in midfield, and Madison McGuane & Ciara Breslin in attack.


Next up were our MU20s who hosted CK United in their final game in Phase 1 of the league. Treaty United had emerged 2-1 victors when the sides met earlier in the season in Kilkenny.

Our lineup for the game was as follows:

Starting 11:

Adam Brennan, Gavin Mellerick, Conall Stapleton, Conor Carew, Mark O’Halloran, Richkov Boevi, Alex Cuddy, Brandon Rossiter, Nikodem Kozlowski, Adam O’Halloran, Leon Kirrane (C)


Michael Dike, Luke Ryan, Brandon Long, Michael Mulcahy, Matt Jones, Charlie Campbell


Treaty United 0 CK United 2

The MU20s finished Phase One with a disappointing defeat to Carlow Kilkenny. The visitors scored two first half goals to secure a two nil win as the hosts struggled to defend Carlow’s quick counter attacks. Next up a trip to Athlone for the first round of the Enda McGuill Cup.


Our final side into action on Saturday were our MU15s who kicked off the Elite Phase of their league with a home tie against Shelbourne in The Manor Fields in Adare. This was a tough opening fixture as Shelbourne had been unbeaten in Phase 1 of their league campaign.

Our lineup for the game was as follows:

Starting 11:

Darragh Van Veen, Sean Meere, Conor O’Mahony, Kian Dempsey, Sean Potter, Christian Stack, Gavin Ryan (C), Dylan Browne, Xavier O’Nialagain, Unai Ngache, Nathan Robinson


Daniel O’Connell, Bryan Parish, Aaron Cobbs-Sarko, Patrick Edroso, Darragh Kirwan, Saleem Ojulari


Treaty United 2 Shelbourne 2

Our 15s kicked off their Elite phase with a home game in Adare to Shelbourne FC. The first 30 mins was a really good battle between the 2 teams, but it was the home team who came out on top with a free kick from Xaiver O’Niallagain which hit the post but came back to Unai Ngache who finished from close range. Second 30 mins saw Shelbourne get on top and dominate which resulted in them getting 2 goals to lead 2-1 going into the last 30. Last 30 was a tough battle for both teams with not that many chances but with about 2 minutes left Treaty got a corner which was put away from close range by Gavin Ryan. A well deserved draw to be fair.

MU15 Squad for home game against Shelbourne

On Sunday, we had 3 of our academy teams in action.


First up on Sunday were our MU14s who hosted Kerry FC in the second game of the Eddie Wallace Cup group stage.

Our lineup for the game was as follows:

Starting 11:

Daniel O’Connell, Sean Casey, Jordan Brown (C), Sam Newman, Joshua Daly, Liam Flynn, Ben Doumbouya, Paddy Gubbins, Mighty Odudu, Conor Campbell, Wisdom Amaeze


Emmett Hawkins, Konrad Miskiewicz, James Palache, Mieszko Kurylonski


Treaty United 4 Kerry FC 2

Our MU14s resumed action in a home tie against Kerry FC, held at The Manor Fields, Adare. Treaty United aimed to dominate the match with a possession-based approach, whereas Kerry FC focused on exploiting mistakes through swift counter-attacks. Treaty United took the lead early on with Mighty Odudu scoring in the 12th minute after some excellent team build up play.

In the second period, Kerry found themselves level with a questionable goal as the Treaty goalkeeper looked to have his two hands securely on the ball before having it kicked from his hands. Mighty Odudu helped his team back into the lead with a goal in the 37th minute as he smashed a shot that was too much for the Kerry goalkeeper to hold.

Despite Kerry FC managing to score twice, Treaty United continued to press forward, and in the final third, Mighty Odudu completed his hat trick in the 48th minute. Treaty United’s dominance was further solidified when Konrad Miskiewicz coolly converted a penalty, extending the lead.

The game concluded with Treaty United securing a 4-2 victory. Next up the U14s play away to Cork City FC.


Next into action were our MU17s who travelled to Cobh in their final game of Phase 1 of their league to take on Cobh Ramblers. Treaty United came out the right side of a 7 goal thriller when the sides met earlier in the season.

Our lineup for the game was as follows:

Starting 11:

Michael Dike, Cullen Wiegand, Ike Manjor, Brandon Long, Matt Jones (C), Charlie Campbell, Patrick Ryan, Michael Mulcahy, Alex Omoruyi, Jack Keogh, Danny Lyne


Joey Nwankwo, Jamie Faulkner, Tony Hourigan, Colin Healy


Cobh Ramblers 0 Treaty United 3

Treaty MU17s made the trip to St. Colman’s Park Cobh for their final fixture of the opening league campaign. Treaty went in to the game knowing a win would secure them a spot in the Elite Phase for the second round of the league campaign.

Treaty started well and dominated the possession. Cobh looked to make life difficult adopting an excellent defensive structure limiting the space in central areas. Treaty remained patient with the ball and created some early chances that went astray. Treaty made the breakthrough after an excellent cross field ball from Brandon Long found Mike Mulcahy. Mike took the ball down under press before beating his opposite number and pulling the ball back to Charlie Campbell in the box for a tap in finish.

The game continued in this manner with Cobh looking to play on the counter but Treaty were able to limit their ability to do so with excellent pressing in transition. Treaty doubled their lead on the 53rd minute when a quick free kick clipped over the wall from Brandon Long found Mike Mulcahy who volleyed home to double the lead. Treaty rounded out an excellent performance when Brandon Long found Colin Healy with an excellent outside the foot pass in behind the opposition defence. Colin fired home from an acute angle finding the far top corner in expert fashion.

MU17 Squad for game against Cobh Ramblers


Our final side into action for the weekend were our WU19s who played the second game of their LOI Academy WU19 Cup against Sligo Rovers in the Showgrounds.

Our lineup for the game was as follows:

Starting 11:

Niamh Kinnehan, Molly Lane, Marie Curtin, Ella Carey, Rhianne Ryan (C), Naoise Griffin, Lisa Coen, Sadbh Griffin, Aisling Hardiman, Abbey Walsh, Judith Egan


Sligo Rovers 3 Treaty United 1

Our WU19s made the 500km round trip to Sligo Rovers in the second round of fixtures in the group stage of the cup. The squad was light on numbers with 7 on holidays and 3 out injured and we had just 11 available to play.

The game was a tough contest from the off and Sligo look to threaten the most. Unfortunately, we were dealt a blow about 15 minutes in when Rhianne Ryan was forced from the field of play due to a suspected concussion. This left us with just 10 players to see out the remaining 75 minutes as there were no options available on the bench.

Luckily we made it to half time without conceding. We regrouped and felt that we could go and get something out of the game. The opener came from a corner. Lisa Coen timed her run into the penalty area to perfection and her header flew past the Sligo keeper.

Unfortunately, the lead was short lived as Rovers scored 3 goals in relatively quick succession. This took the wind out of our sails a bit but credit to the collective effort the team pushed hard for a way back into the game right to the end but wasn’t to be.

Although it was disappointing to lose after taking the lead against all odds, it was pleasing to see the group fight right to the final whistle to want to get back into the game.

Thanks to those who travelled to support the team, it means a lot to the group to hear encouragement on the sidelines in the far off reaches of the country week in week out. Next up is Athlone Town away.